Hey there! Taylor Swift is a famous singer who writes songs that make us feel things. She sings about sad things like when someone you love breaks your heart, or when life gets tough. In this list, we’ve put together 20 of her saddest songs.
1. “All Too Well”
- This song is about a past love that still makes Taylor Swift sad.
- She remembers every detail of their relationship, from the cold air when they first met to the painful breakup.
- The lyrics are full of emotion and vivid imagery.
2. “Dear John”
- In this song, Taylor sings about a toxic relationship that has ended.
- She calls out her ex for his manipulative behavior and the way he treated her badly.
- The song has a powerful, emotional climax where Taylor expresses her hurt and anger.
3. “Last Kiss”
- “Last Kiss” is a song about a painful breakup and the feelings of loss and regret that come with it.
- Taylor sings about the pain of seeing her former lover move on, and the memories that keep her up at night.
- The chorus is beautiful but sad, with Taylor singing about watching her ex’s life in pictures and feeling forgotten.
4. “Back To December”
- This song is an apology to a former flame that Taylor wishes she could make things right with.
- She regrets taking the relationship for granted and hurting her partner.
- The chorus is a powerful moment where Taylor swallows her pride and says she’s sorry.
5. “Forever & Always”
- In this song, Taylor reflects on a relationship that fell apart despite promises of forever.
- She sings about the bitterness and regret she feels, and how it feels to be left alone.
- The chorus is intense and emotional, with Taylor expressing her sadness and loneliness.
6. “The Moment I Knew”
- This song is about a birthday party where Taylor realizes that her relationship is really over.
- She remembers the details of the scene, from the balloons to the confetti on the floor.
- The song is sad and bittersweet, capturing the heartbreak of the moment.
7. “Sad Beautiful Tragic”
- “Sad Beautiful Tragic” is a haunting melody about a lost love and the memories that continue to haunt.
- Taylor sings about how hard it is to forget someone and move on.
- The lyrics are full of vivid imagery, like a rainy day in the city.
8. “Cold As You”
- This song is about being in a relationship with someone who is emotionally unavailable.
- Taylor sings about feeling like a mess and how hard it is to love someone who doesn’t love you back.
- The song builds to a powerful chorus, with Taylor expressing her sadness and hurt.
9. “Wildest Dreams”
- “Wildest Dreams” is a song about a past love that Taylor knows she can’t go back to.
- She remembers the good times they had, but also knows that the relationship was never going to last.
- The song has a bittersweet feeling, like holding onto a memory that you know you have to let go of.
10. “The Archer”
- In “The Archer,” Taylor sings about her struggles with anxiety and self-doubt.
- She’s trying to figure out who she is and how to deal with the challenges of life.
- The chorus is a beautiful moment where Taylor expresses her vulnerability and desire for love.
- “Breathe” is a song about a friendship that fell apart.
- Taylor sings about feeling betrayed and hurt by someone she thought was a close friend.
- The song has a powerful emotional climax, with Taylor expressing her sadness and regret.
12. “White Horse”
- In this song, Taylor sings about the pain of a breakup and the feeling of being let down.
- She compares her past lover to a “white horse” that was supposed to save her, but ended up hurting her instead.
13. “Forever Winter”
- “Forever Winter” is a song about feeling stuck in a place of sadness and not knowing how to move on.
- Taylor sings about the pain of losing someone she loved and the feeling of being frozen in time.
- The lyrics are poetic and powerful.
14. “This Love”
- This song is about the pain of a past love that Taylor can’t forget.
- She remembers the good times they had, but also the pain of the breakup.
- In “Haunted,” Taylor sings about the ghosts of a past love that continue to haunt her.
- She remembers the feeling of being in love and the pain of losing that love.
- The song has a dark, moody feel, like being lost in a memory that you can’t escape from.
16. “My Tears Ricochet”
- “My Tears Ricochet” is a song about the pain of losing someone close to you.
- Taylor sings about the feeling of being left behind and the memories that continue to hurt.
17. “You’re Not Sorry”
- In this song, Taylor sings about the pain of being lied to and betrayed.
- She knows that her former lover is not sorry for what he did and she’s struggling to move on.
- The chorus is a powerful moment where Taylor expresses her hurt and anger.
18. “The Last Time”
- “The Last Time” is a duet with Gary Light body of Snow Patrol about a relationship that’s falling apart.
- Both singers express their pain and regret, knowing that they’ve reached the end of the road.
19. “Call It What You Want”
- In this song, Taylor sings about finding comfort in a new relationship after a difficult time.
- She’s been through a lot of pain and disappointment, but she’s found someone who loves and supports her.
- The song has a hopeful feel, like the beginning of a new chapter in life.
Taylor’s sad songs might not make you feel happy, but they can help you feel better if you’re going through a tough time. They remind us that we’re not alone in our pain, and that lots of people go through difficult things too. So whether you’re feeling sad or just love emotional music, these 20 songs are sure to make you feel something.